8.16.2004

'I was born to be your rival...we're sisters aren't we?'

"I thought for a moment and went straight to the anxiety of my childhood. 'But what if he comes to like you best?'

Anne's smile was as sweet as poison. 'What matter? So long as it is a Boleyn girl?'

'Uncle Howard thinks this? Does he think nothing of me, in childbed, while my sister is set on to flirt with the father of my child?'

Anne nodded. 'Yes, exactly. He thinks nothing of you at all.'

'I didn't want you to come back to court to be my rival,' I said sulkily.

'I was born to be your rival,' she said simply. 'And you mine. We're sisters, aren't we?' "

:shivers: Anne Bolyen was a wicked girl. I'm reading this book by Philippa Gregory (Author of
The Queen's Fool) called The Other Boleyn Girl, and its about Anne Boleyn's (Second wife of Henry VIII) sister Mary and her love affair with the king. It's quite interesting. Gregory has a way of making history very fascinating. She writes historical fiction, of course, so its not entirely true, but it makes me very interested in the different time periods and what the world was like during Henry VIII's reign. It's too bad our history books don't read like Gregory's books. ^_^

Speaking of history, school was quite dreadful today. Little things kept happening, like my binders not fitting in my locker, not having the lunch that all of my friends have, not having my leotard in my dance bag...I felt like crying. Certain times of the month have that affect. :sigh: But, I hope the school year doesn't remain this disheartening. I'm sure it won't. I just have to get used to the new routine, the new teachers and how to manipulate them (:-p), and the new kids (and the new/old kids). I'm ready for it to be the middle of the school year so I can be used to everything. I guess I'll just have to wait it out patiently. Although, I do miss some of my old teachers. Ninth grade was so fun. <_<


I asked my mom if I could go to
Night of Joy and Rock the Universe with the greatest youth group ever. Without hesitation my mom says no. I was crushed. I would pay for it if I had some sort of an income. I have never been, and Casting Crowns will be there-I was not planning on missing it. I wish I hadn't gotten my expectations raised up so high. Now I have no chance of going, and frankly, for a valid reason. I completely understand my parents. But, I want to go so badly with every ache in my body. I can hardly bear the fact that I am going to miss it. I'm not entirely sure why. I have never gone before, so I have no attachment to it. I just really, really, really want to go. Something about a Christian concert at Universal with Casting Crowns singing their amazing praises out to my amazing God sounds like something I couldn't miss. Yet I am going to. Excuse me a moment while I cry a river of tears ... :'(

I feel as if the best way to leave you today is with the most spectacular Casting Crowns song, ever. :)

-- Who Am I --

Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the Bright and Morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart

Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are

I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours

Who am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love and watch me rise again
Who am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me

Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are

I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours

I am Yours
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
'Cause I am Yours
I am Yours

--

God bless,
lv

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a hard time at school at the moment. It's not always easy but that makes you appreciate good times more.

I know, it's paradox how we can never be satisfied with what we have. We always want more. I don't think you can blame yourself that you're disappointed about not being able to go see Casting Crowns. But I guess life would be half as enjoyable if we got everything we wanted. That would be just boring. Maybe you'll get another opportunity to see them. I'm sure you'll get to see them. *fingers crossed*

Well, Michael Moore... I'm not too taken with the way he tries to convey his opinions publicly (e.g. the Academy Awards 2003). I'm impressed by his documentaries though. I personally think everyone, no matter if they support the Republican or Democratic pary, should see "Farenheit 9/11". You cannot be *not* touched by this documentary in some way or other. It's not a movie, it's a documentary. And even if he exaggerated, you know he didn't make this stuff up. And that's kinda scary I have to say after seeing it. Even if only 10% of what that documentary revealed were true, I would die to know how Bush would justify that.
I know your mom is a big supporter of President Bush and I respect that. No hard feelings about that really.

Leslie, did I tell you that Michael just released a new single? HE DID!!! It came out yesterday and it's awesome. There's two new songs on the single. One is a German song (rock) and the other is a song he wrote for the pricess of Thailand, a beautiful ballad. I gotta put them online for you to download. Or send a CD.

Oh, stupid me forgot to send you the link to download Anita's song. Here it is: http://melanie.teamniddl.com/Niddl%20-%20I%20don't%20wanna%20be%20your%20friend%20(radio%20edit).wma

Anyway, love you sweetie.

*mwah*

Mel

Anonymous said...

Hey hun,

I don't know if you've seen it yet but you might wanna check out my blog. I have a little gooddie for you! :)

Mellie

Anonymous said...

Oh dang, just saw you've discovered it already. hehe And yes, that's Thai at the beginning. Isn't he just amazingly talented? *sighs* I told him he made my week with that new CD. It's just beautiful music.

And no, I didn't give that guy my number. He simply went to the ticket counter and said, "I wanna talk to Melanie." And they called me in the shop, so there. HE is the nut case, m'dear. lol He was not *that* good looking, otherwise I might probably have given him my number. ;)

Ooooh yes, a card. I love getting cards, the more random the better. :) Thanks hun, I can't wait to get it. *jumps up and down*

I'll tell Evy when I get to talk to her. Maybe next week. I've really missed talking to her but she's always sooo busy... *rolleyes*

*mwah*s
Mel