Things You Must Know
- Many years ago, in Scotland, a new game was invented. It was ruled "Gentlemen Only...Ladies Forbidden"...and thus the word GOLF entered into the English language.
- The percentage of Africa that is wilderness: 28% (now get this...) The percentage of North America that is wilderness: 38%
- Q. If you were to spell out numbers, how far would you have to go until you would find the letter "A"?
A. One thousand
- In Shakespeare's time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes. When you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the bed firmer to sleep on. Hence the phrase, "goodnight, sleep tight."
- It was the accepted practice in Babylon 4,000 years ago that for a month after the wedding, the bride's father would supply his son-in-law with all the mead he could drink. Mead is a honey beer and because their calendar was lunar based, this period was called the honey month ... which we know today as the honeymoon.
Those are just a few of them, but I found them quite interesting - and arbitrary. Who knows if they're true, but the provide some fascinating facts.
Last night, I had the opportunity to share the truth of Christ with someone who honestly feels that Jesus can't love someone like him. It was hard, but quite an awesome event. Afer our our conversation, I was just in awe at the words I said...God had complete control of everything I said and it was amazing to experience His power like that! It was quite exhausting, but it was well worth it. I didn't change his heart, obviously, since humans can't change each other's hearts. But I do hope and pray that I planted a seed, and spurred something inside him to understand that God loves him no matter what - and that's the most amazing thing about Him!
Hope you're all doing well...and know that Jesus loves you, no matter what you do (Katie, remember our song...? :-p)!