10.14.2004

here we are; we've just begun, right here in this place where we belong

There's something bittersweet about your baby brother turning 9 years old. I mean, I remember my ninth birthday. He's not allowed to be 9! He's my baby! :( Honestly, I'm finding myself quite sad. Nine just sounds so grown up. When Leighton was born, I cried and asked if the nurses could change it; I really wanted a little sister. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I remember holding him, fast asleep in my arms. I remember trying to learn to spell his name properly. I remember my dad telling me when he was born that when he was 12, I would be in college. I remember when he was about 3, I dressed him up in one of my mom's old dresses and put my Raggedy Ann wig on him and made him play with Katie and me. Gosh. He's still my baby brother. :sniff: Atleast I'll always have those memories. ^_^

Just because I'm having this emotional breakdown about my little, baby brother, I think I should pay him somewhat of a tribute.


Leighton the Mighty Underwear King.

Leighton Alexander Pitman ~ October 14, 1995
6 pounds, 12 ounces

AKA: Leighton the Artist, Lawton, Lay-tay, Tater bug, Bubby (that's my pet name for him hehe)...

Likes to: Fish and hunt with Daddy, draw, paint, color, etc..., play cars, hang out with his big brothers, cuddle with his big sister, play with his best friend Jared, ocean kayak, read, go Porsche "window shopping", collect money and count it, then later spend it on toys he doesn't need, listen to his Spirit soundtrack (that I so often steal from him :-p) do things with his grandparents, do special things with Mom, cuddle with his doggy, and play with Frodo the Hoppit.

Will always be: My cuddle bunny, the little boy who taught me that life isn't about you-it's about the people you share it with, my music buddy, my brother who has a better stradle than me...My baby brother.

I have spent countless moments with Leighton, and each one I will treasure forever. It's hard to see him grow up, yet fascinating to see the changes in his life. I look at the past with a smile and look forward to our future with excitement.

Leighton, you mean the world to me. I am so glad God gave me one more brother to complete our family. Life wouldn't be the same without you. I know as your big sister I mess up sometimes, and I can be bossy and annoying. But I really do love you. One day, when you're all grown up (and you're taller than me, hehe), you'll get to boss me around. :-p I hope you have a wonderful birthday. But, don't forget that you'll always be my baby brother. I love you!
Hugs and kisses x's infinity...plus 1,
Sissy



Ocean kayaking

Sorry guys. :tear: Hope you're doing well. I love you all!

God bless,
lv


Me with the birthday boy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww you almost made me cry! haha. u have the sweetest entries! lol. ttyl.. luv ya lesman! :D